Welcome to our Blog! Please Feel free to comment on all posts. We accept all opinions.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Drive

Rated R for strong brutal bloody violence, language and some nudity.
100 minutes long
Cast: Ryan Gosling, Carey Mulligan, and  Bryan Cranston.

This movie is not for everyone. However, anything that has brutal bloody violence in it usually gets my attention. The movie started out slow, but the oddly placed 80's soundtrack kept me wondering what I had gotten myself into. The quirky, quiet, and sometimes dreamy character was played flawlessly by Ryan Gosling. The movie started out almost as a love story between neighbors, with Gosling playing the man of few words stunt driver who killed you with his kindness. Turns out you can also kill people without kindness. Half-way through the movie is an innocent scene with Gosling drinking coffee in a small diner. This scene changes the movie from a love story to an all out brutal bloody violent, ass-kicking, car chasing, finally sure what I got myself into movie. If you watch this movie stick with it through all the quirky material, and you won't be disappointed. It also has an ending that leaves you wondering what happened to our "Driver"


I give the movie an 8/10 only because the movie is not for everyone.


Interesting fact that I learned after watching the movie, is that you never learn the name of Ryan Gosling's character. He is listed as Driver in the end credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment